This blog has been long in the works (at least in my brain) so I’m really pleased that I finally sat down for long enough to start this. A little background about me (seems like I’m supposed to do that, right?) before I get to the good stuff. I’ll put it in bulleted form so we can get to the real blogging as quickly as possible:
- Northern California native (Berkeley, to be exact)
- Moved to LA to go to school (UCLA; left the day after graduation)
- Moved to Brooklyn in the fall of 2007, fell in love with it
- Spent 3.5 years in criminal justice public policy; also planned a lot of corporate events
- Realized all I’ve ever want to do is plan weddings
- Started planning weddings professionally
- Started this blog
Oh. Why ‘tandem weddings’? Because I don’t like wedding planners that take everything into their own hands and create their own wedding with no input from the client. In reaction to the ever-more-extreme wedding extravaganzas with millions of production professionals, I promised myself that I would only create tandem weddings. Side-by-side with my clients.
Plus, tandem bikes at weddings are awesome.